Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Top tips in Paris

Top Tips for travelling Paris

Before Christmas I was lucky enough to be taken away to Paris. I had a wonderful time and would like to share some tips with you, so you can enjoy your experience to the max! 
1) When you arrive in Paris take a reliable taxi! My boyfriend and I made the mistake of getting into a taxi, we were encouraged into. It was very unprofessional, with the taxi driver shouting down the phone for the journey to the hotel. It also cost a bomb when we arrived at our destination! Next time we will definitely be waiting in the queue at the taxi rank!

2) Plan your visit, so you can make the most of your precious time in Paris. I am quite an organised person, and love to have a plan to stick by. I had written down some ideas of places to visit on each of the days we were there. I think this really helped because it meant there was no time wasted trying to figure out what places are close to visit etc. 

3) Having said that, sometimes it is nice to leave a few days for exploring. These spontaneous days can sometimes be the most fun and memorable. It is important not to plan too much into a short space of time - that would just lead to stress!

4) Make the most of the underground service. The underground in Paris is brilliant! It is really cheap, fairly easy to use and stops just outside most of the big tourist attractions. I am not great with undergrounds coming from the countryside, but my boyfriend, born in London was very helpful and grasped the system very quickly. If you do feel nervous about this, there is help available and the ticket machine can be translated into English. 

5) If money is tight, you don't have to worry, i felt that Paris is a holiday which can be made as cheaply as you wish. Many of the tourist attractions were free for students such as The Louvre where Mona Lisa is located. My boyfriend and I also got some baguettes which were cheap and ate them in a park just off of the bridge ‘Point-Neuf’. 

6) My boyfriends top tip: "Try the hot chocolate- it's insane!"
The Arc de Tripomh 
The park by point-neurf
The eiffel Tower
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you x

© Travelling Through My Twenties | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig