Tuesday, 17 March 2015

University Stress



It's coming to the end of term now, which only means the due dates are piling up. 
I can't believe how quickly second year has gone, I’ve had some really interesting assignments and enjoyed most of my work. Luckily for me, I have no exams this year only coursework. However, I have 3 important presentations and debates coming up next month, which sends shivers down my spine. I hate public speaking, any speaking where I'm put on the spot, I crack under the pressure. Therefore, I'm going to write some tips I will use to support myself (and hopefully you too), if you worry about presentations. 

   Practise
   Speak clearly, smile and relax.
   Have a clear structure and consider the context of the presentation e.g. who's the audience
   Visual aids - using videos or charts can emphasis your point, but don't rely on them.
   Experience - with my course (BA Early Childhood) it’s always useful to share experiences in settings. It shows examples of your point, so your lecturer knows you know your stuff!
   Involve/ interact with the audience - ask for their point of view or ask questions. This way they won't start sleeping.



**Remember: It’s normal to feel nervous, students that are not nervous usually don't do well!


Hope this helps you!
Iz xo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you x

© Travelling Through My Twenties | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig