Sunday, 3 May 2015

Dear 16 year old me. A letter to myself.

Dear 16 year old me


If i was given the opportunity to magically talk to the 16 year old Izzy, here's what i'd say...


Dear 16 year olds me, I know you are 16, therefore, advice doesn’t come easy to take, because of course, you know everything there is to know. But nope, you don’t actually know a lot, and as a 21 year old now, I know I still have a lot more to learn.

Dear 16 year old me, I know school can be a bore and feels like a waste of time in your eyes, and when you get home all you want to do is chill with your friends and boyfriend. But listen, without getting good GCSE grades, you wont be getting too far in life.

Dear 16 year old me, Respect your elders. I advise you not to fight the people you love the most. Mum and Dad only want what is best for you.

Dear 16 year old me, comparison is wicked. Don’t...please don’t compare yourself or your lifestyle to others. You are just as capable as anyone else to achieve. However, everybody is different, and the quicker you learn to accept this, the happier you will be.  Happiness is a strange emotion; I now understand not to ever rely on others to bring me happiness, the true happiness you feel comes from deep within yourself.

Dear 16 year old me, I now how scared you are of change. But I’m sorry, change is inevitable. You can wallow in sadness from change, or embrace a difference and make the most every new situation or challenge you face. You will feel pain dear girl, but it will only make you stronger. It’s true, every pain you overcome just displays the strength and determination you have. You are stronger than you think.


Dear 16 year old me, you are perfect the way God made you. You don’t have to pretend to be anyone else to try and fit in. Those sorts of girls will never be true to you. I understand your emotions get the better of you, and you feel that nobody can hear you. They are trying, but sometimes you don’t make much sense. In your own words, you need to ‘take a chill-pill’.




Izzy x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you x

© Travelling Through My Twenties | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig