Wednesday, 11 November 2015

5 best ways to de-stress


Hello Everyone,

Never have I ever felt as stressed as I do right now. I guess that goes to show I have been lucky up to now.
For me, everything is just building up! The colossal amount of work expected from university now i'm in third year, family sickness, no money to my name (with christmas creeping up makes it even more stressful), and having a low immune system (so feeling so faint every damn winter).
I'm aware that everyone in the world has stress problems at some tim in their life, so I wanted to write a post on the best ways to help us deal with it, as we cant all afford gorgeous spa weekends away! 

1) Yoga
I've heard a lot about yoga being a brilliant way to relieve yourself from all the problems a modern world brings. Apparently just doing 10 minutes of physical exercise a day can really help your wellbeing. But as I have no money I found a few yoga videos on youtube, i'll be watching a few more of them!

2) Healthy Eating
When I feel stressed and down all I want to do is eat every doughnut and chocolate cookie in the world. But truthfully, that just makes my skin spotty, which just leads to even more stress!! Eating a balance died is the best way to keep your insides feeling hunkydory.

3) Having 'me time'
Personally, I think I do this, I often like to go to my room and be alone for a while, maybe read my book with my candle burning. But I know for a lot of you, especially those that have children, struggle in having time to yourself. Run yourself a bubble bath, and relax even if it's just for 10 minutes!

4) Acceptance
Sometimes you can't change what is making you feel stressed. For me, I cant change the fact a family member is sick, all I can do is think positively and support my family. I think you should only focus on the things you have control over, if you don't your just make yourself feel even worse.

5) Positivity
Every morning think of what you are grateful for. I'm grateful for a wonderful family, having freedom to make choices and having a wealth of opportunities.


* one last note, I recently read a quote in the bible and I liked it,


'cast all your anxiety on God, because he cares for you'  
1 Peter 5:7

If you need more help click here

Let me know in the comments below what you guys do when you feel stressed?

Lots of love, 
Izzy


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you x

© Travelling Through My Twenties | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig